The MPSAXM is designed to assess your knowledge of the concepts, technical skills, and processes involved in preparing, analyzing, and completing a property management plan following IREM standards. It is completed in a classroom setting and includes an exam component that requires responses to management scenarios based on a property type of your own choosing from the following: office building, conventional apartment, or retail strip shopping center.
The exam may be completed electronically or in paper-based format. To complete the MPSA using a laptop computer, you must comply with specific guidelines and pre-course requirements.
Software Requirement: You must have a fully registered and working version of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel on your laptop.
What you’ll learn:
- Maintenance and risk management programs. Establishing a maintenance and risk management program that aligns with owner’s goals, maintenance and risk management objectives and policies and procedures, developing a maintenance budget
- Inspection and risk analysis. Importance of assessment and inspection to identify maintenance needs and address risks, maintenance and risk management techniques, minimizing risks and hazards, planning considerations, types of insurance coverage
- Major building mechanicals and systems. Guidelines and procedures for key building components and systems
- Maintenance management. Job specifications and evaluating bids, ethics in the bidding process, contractor negotiations and features of a contract, strategies for managing contractors and maintenance activities
- Sustainability. Maintenance inefficiencies and opportunities, utility bill analysis, energy and water conservation strategies
- Emergency and disaster planning. Safety and emergency needs, preparations and plans, post-disaster response, business continuity plans