- Manage operations for multiple mixed-use properties, including high-rise office buildings in Downtown Houston.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and staff, while adapting to changing demands and priorities.
- Prepare budgets within budget time frame and requirements. Adhere to budget throughout the year to maintain profitability of center; Bid out vendor contracts annually.
- Perform regular and ongoing walk-through of facility checking overall appearance, functionality and maintenance issues. This includes but not limited to common areas, restrooms, central plant, loading docks, and landscaping.
- Monitor tenant work orders and follow up as needed, maintaining records and data electronically using Building Engines.
- Maintain weekly, if not daily, contact with tenants, review operational issues and provide requirements/suggestions to improve operations. Identify any negative trends immediately
- Annually procure permits for all related building operations to include Fire/Life Safety, Elevators, Grease Traps, Alarm systems, and back flow preventers
- Must be on rotation for “on call” schedule with other engineers and be available to work off hours when needed; Performs and coordinates on call emergency tasks as required.
- Punctual, dependable, flexible, quick learner, and self-starter with exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of HVAC, chilled water, boiler plan operation, electrical and plumbing systems.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ hands-on experience working on boilers and chillers, chilled water loop systems, and preventative maintenance (Commercial experience is strongly preferred)
- Must be tech-savvy and have experience with engineering software programs and electronic tenant work order system.
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CMMS Software
- Experience in budgeting, contract negotiations.
- Stationary Engineer’s License, universal CFC certification is preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with building automation software
- Able to read construction plans
- Desire to add value and grow with the company
- Strong character and work values
- High School Diploma or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume here.